Alzheimer’s disease is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking, and behavior.
Symptoms usually develop slowly and get worse over time, becoming severe enough to interfere with daily tasks. For those caring for and living with Alzheimer’s, the following steps can help improve their quality of life, health, and provide a positive impact on their daily routine.
- Engage in activities like watching movies, playing board games, or walking outside
- Develop a daily routine for them to follow
- Help them approach one task at a time
- Recognize triggers that cause stress and develop a plan to avoid those triggers
- Surround them with positive reinforcements like family, friends, pets, or prayer