This week we celebrated National Women’s Health Week. It’s an observance led by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women’s Health with the goal to empower women to make their health a priority.
Whether you or your loved one is in their 20’s, 50’s, or 80’s, this week serves as a time to encourage all women to take steps to improve their health. JEVS at Home’s Nurse Kim shares important tips that can jumpstart your heath:
- Reduce your stress to avoid Caregiver Burnout and getting sick.
- Increase your cardio a few times a week by walking, light weight lifting, or jogging for about 30 minutes.
- Stop following “fad” diets and focus on eating healthy.
- Make annual doctor visits.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Apply sunscreen to protect the skin from getting burnt.
To learn more about National Women’s Health Week and to take a fun quiz, click here.