Did you know that the average calorie intake for a Thanksgiving Day meal is 2,500 to 5,000 calories! For those looking to stay healthy this holiday or avoid a food hangover, Nurse Kim has a few tips that can help without losing the Thanksgiving Day fun.
- Workout in the morning
- Eat a normal breakfast that is high in protein for all-day energy
- Stay hydrated all day with water or a low-calorie drink
- Include healthier alternatives within your meal like sweet potatoes and use low fat milk or yogurt within your ingredients
- Don’t eat the turkey skin because it is high in fat and calories
- Enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie versus pecan pie
For more information, please email Nurse Kim at Kimberly.McIlhenny@jevsathome.org