It’s week three of 2018, and for many of us 2018 looks much like 2017. Our lofty New Year’s resolutions were a little too formidable for us to complete. Luckily, it’s Hunt for Happiness Week, a yearly challenge created by the Secret Society of Happy People.
This year’s theme is “The year of the people”. Not surprisingly, a Harvard study lasting nearly 80 years has shown that having healthy relationships leads to longer and happier lives. That is why this year’s Hunt for Happiness week focuses on strengthening relationships. How can you get started? According to the Secret Society of Happy People you can:
- Ban mobile devices from the dining table. Spend your meal times talking to those eating with you
- Schedule time with a friend, either in person or over the phone
- Spend less time with those people who make socializing a chore rather than a reward
- Make one new friend in 2018
- Spend more time socializing, join a new group or activity or simply reach out to friends you haven’t seen or spoken to in a while
Hunt for Happiness week will have specific challenges for each day of the week, check out the Secret Society of Happy People’s website at sohp.com or their social media to participate.