News You Can Use During COVID-19
Our number one priority at JEVS Care at Home is the health and safety of our clients and caregivers. The people we care for are a part of the vulnerable population and we take the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic very seriously.
For clients we serve who reside in facilities or other community-based living situations, we will work closely with your facility to adhere to any protocols or guidelines in place to mitigate risk. We also ask that, in accordance with privacy guidelines, you keep in close communication with us in the event COVID-19 should spread to anyone you come in contact with.
As part of standard operating procedures, JEVS Care at Home has emergency preparedness plans in place. As this is a constantly changing situation, we will actively monitor the recommendations and guidelines provided by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), the WHO (World Health Organization), and our state and local departments of health.
Important Information from the PA Department of Health
Symptoms of the COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
Symptoms may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure.
Help Stop the Spread
- Wear a mask in public
- Wash Your Hands for at least 20 seconds (lather soap on the backs of your hands, between your fingers and under your nails, rinse well under clean, running water)
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid public spaces
- Keep at least 6 feet between you and others
- Don’t attend or host large gatherings
- Avoid using mass transit
Information for Our Clients & Caregivers
- Our administrative offices in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are closed; however, all staff are working remotely. If you need to reach someone you can continue to call our main numbers:
Philadelphia – 267-298-1325
Pittsburgh – 412-742-4033
- According to privacy guidelines, caregivers are to report any client or caregiver potential COVID-19 symptoms to the office immediately for further investigation.
- Payroll processing will continue as usual.
- Caregivers who are due for annual training will be provided instructions by the Human Resources department
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) – All of our caregivers should be using the appropriate PPE to keep themselves and their clients safe. We are providing the following PPE to all caregivers upon request: Gloves, Masks, Hand Sanitizer/Disinfectant solution. Please contact your Client Care Manager to request PPE.
- Caregivers should check their email regularly as we are sending additional information, requests to fill open shifts and instructions on participating in our Town Hall Meetings.
JEVS Care at Home will continue to communicate with you as any other pertinent information becomes available. We thank you for your assistance and the opportunity to serve you, your clients and your staff. If you should have any further questions, please reach out to our office.
There is an abundance of information and resources on the PA Department of Health website located here: https://www.health.pa.gov