When you join JEVS Care at Home, you become a part of our family of staff and caregivers who love what they do. A community who is proud to work for us, and maintain the high-quality home care with excellence, compassion, and reliability. A career with us not only includes benefits to help protect you and your family, but opportunities to take your career to another professional level. If you are looking to become a part of a company that is helping adults aging or living with disabilities maintain independence and dignity, apply to our open positions listed below.
Read about the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law (PDF).
Non-Medical In-Home Caregiver
Classification: Non-Exempt, Variable Hours
Reports To: Staffing Supervisor
The Direct Care Worker works under the direct supervision of the Staffing Supervisor and under the general guidance of the consumer as they provide general custodial care to the participant as indicated in the Plan of Care for the following counties:
- Philadelphia County
- Delaware County
- Bucks County
- Chester County
- Montgomery County
- Allegheny County
- Essex County, NJ
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties will be determined by a participant’s individual need and will be outlined on a Plan of Care. Potential duties/responsibilities are as follows, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with ambulation and/or transfers.
- Assistance/administering of complete personal care such as bathing, oral hygiene, hair care, dressing, and skin care.
- Medication reminders.
- Running errands.
- Meal planning and/or preparation and/or assistance with feeding by mouth.
- Light housekeeping: dusting, vacuuming, mopping, laundry, changing linens, etc.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment for the participant.
- Observing and reporting any changes in the participant’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to the Staffing Supervisor.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and a professional relationship with participants, family members, and co-workers.
- Participating in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by the Staffing Supervisor.
- Completing required documentation for services delivered, and submits them to the office in a timely manner.
- Using equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding client information according to HIPAA regulations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Certified Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide Certification preferred. Certification must be current in the state of Pennsylvania).
- Must meet minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, ChildLine Verification as well as Professional and Personal Reference Checks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must satisfactorily complete JEVS Care at Home written exam and orientation program.
- Must be able to function in a home setting with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
Marketing & Community Outreach Coordinator
JEVS Care at Home:
JEVS Care at Home is a registered 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization providing non-medical home care support services to disabled and aging clients residing in Philadelphia, Delaware, Montgomery, Chester, Bucks, and Allegheny Counties in Pennsylvania. Our purpose is to facilitate people maintaining their independence and quality of life by providing exceptional care in their homes and communities.
The Marketing & Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for cultivating and managing strategic partnerships, establishing community awareness, community engagement, education and brand representation for the purpose of organizational growth and expansion. This includes professionally and respectfully representing JCAH as an industry thought leader throughout our current operating space and in potential expansion space through the following activities: Strategic partnership/relationship building, The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic, focused individual who is committed to the growth of our company. This individual must be a self-starter, have excellent relationship management skills and be able to grasp our constantly changing industry. He/she performs daily tasks in accordance with this Job Description, the organization’s Strategic Plan and individual goals and assignments in compliance with JEVS Care at Home policies and procedures, as well as applicable standards of care and governmental laws and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate strategic relationships and partnerships with other community, governmental and organizational leaders and groups
- Coordinate and perform community outreach activities including presentations, exhibits and one-on-one contact with community groups, and coordinate and attend special events
- Research, document and recommend appropriate events that will maximize JCAH’s brand recognition in the marketplace
- Schedule, register and enroll JCAH’s participation in such events and update internal calendar of events
- Prepare presentations, collateral and any other items/materials needed for each event
- Engage/schedule additional JCAH staff, when necessary, on attending events
- Attend events and be able to meaningfully engage others, speak intelligently and with passion about JCAH services, quality and client/caregiver benefits
- Collect contact information from interested parties and input information into internal tracking systems
- Evaluate and document the success of each event based on lead generation, new business and impact on the organization’s bottom line
- Social Media
- Research, write, plan, schedule and post meaningful material daily on all JCAH social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Respond to all inquiries and comments on JCAH social media platforms and GoogleBusiness
- Manage all video content for JCAH YouTube
- Review website content, visuals, tools and functionality on a regular basis for the purpose of making recommendations regarding revisions, additions, deletions.
- Update written content as necessary
- Create and post blogs and other educational content to website
- Research, collect, document, maintain and analyze competitive intelligence for the purpose of thoughtfully contributing to strategic initiatives of the organization
- Participate in the selection, purchase and inventory of promotional items
- Participate in the revision, printing and inventory of print collateral
- Participate in the planning, writing, editing and production of the organization’s newsletter
- Maintain working knowledge of state regulations and industry related information while ensuring 100% compliance with State licensure regulations and JEVS Care at Home policies
- Collaborate with entire team on organizational goals, customer service and quality initiatives
- Performs additional duties assigned in response to agency needs
- Travel required
- Must be able to work in the field
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing or related field
- 2 years professional experience working in homecare or healthcare industry
- High level of Social Media content and posting experience
- Car and current driver’s license and insurance
- Experienced Go-Getter
- Proven team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop/nurture relationships
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, Communication and Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Organizational, Time Management and Follow-through skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience using WordPress a plus
- Must be available evenings and weekends