February is National Cancer Prevention Month. Cancer is scary and often unpredictable. Fortunately, there are things everyone can do to help reduce their risk of cancer or improve their chances of beating the disease.
Follow these seven tips to help lower your risk of cancer, combat other serious diseases, and improve your overall health and wellness.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Avoid obesity by maintaining a healthy weight
- Limit processed meats in your diet
- If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation
- Attend regular check-ups with your Physician
- Exercise regularly for at least 30 minutes
- Avoid tobacco
For more information or tips, please contact your Physician or Nurse Kim at Kimberly.McIlhenny@jevsathome.org.