When you join JEVS at Home, you become a part of our family of staff and caregivers who love what they do. A community who is proud to work for us, and maintain the high-quality home care with excellence, compassion, and reliability. A career with us not only includes benefits to help protect you and your family, but opportunities to take your career to another professional level. If you are looking to become a part of a company that is helping adults aging or living with disabilities maintain independence and dignity, apply to our open positions listed below.
Read about the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law (PDF).
Non-Medical In-Home Caregiver
Classification: Non-Exempt, Variable Hours
Reports To: Staffing Supervisor
The Direct Care Worker works under the direct supervision of the Staffing Supervisor and under the general guidance of the consumer as they provide general custodial care to the participant as indicated in the Plan of Care for the following counties:
- Philadelphia County
- Delaware County
- Bucks County
- Chester County
- Montgomery County
- Allegheny County
- Essex County, NJ
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties will be determined by a participant’s individual need and will be outlined on a Plan of Care. Potential duties/responsibilities are as follows, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with ambulation and/or transfers.
- Assistance/administering of complete personal care such as bathing, oral hygiene, hair care, dressing, and skin care.
- Medication reminders.
- Running errands.
- Meal planning and/or preparation and/or assistance with feeding by mouth.
- Light housekeeping: dusting, vacuuming, mopping, laundry, changing linens, etc.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment for the participant.
- Observing and reporting any changes in the participant’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to the Staffing Supervisor.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and a professional relationship with participants, family members, and co-workers.
- Participating in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by the Staffing Supervisor.
- Completing required documentation for services delivered, and submits them to the office in a timely manner.
- Using equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding client information according to HIPAA regulations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Certified Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide Certification preferred. Certification must be current in the state of Pennsylvania).
- Must meet minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, ChildLine Verification as well as Professional and Personal Reference Checks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must satisfactorily complete JEVS at Home written exam and orientation program.
- Must be able to function in a home setting with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.