Spring has arrived which means the sun will be out longer and stronger. For Caregivers, we know it’s important to take your loved ones or clients outside for some relaxing warmth and extra Vitamin D. More importantly, it’s important to protect their skin and yours from long-term sun exposure. Too much exposure can lead to problems like wrinkles, dehydration, and skin cancer.
Here are 5 tips to protect your skin from the sun:
- If you will be outside longer than 20 to 30 minutes, wear sunscreen.
- Choose a sunscreen with 30 SPF or higher.
- Accessorize yourself with a hat that shades your face, neck, and ears.
- Wear sunglasses that have 99% to 100% UV absorption to protect your eyes and the surrounding skin.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water during the day and wearing a thick moisturizer like Vaseline or Aquaphor.